You know that feeling you get, after waking up late from a long night of dreaming, and all of a sudden you realize it’s already 7:30AM and you need to be in the office by 8AM! You only have 15 minutes to get ready and you just remembered you have an important meeting today so you have to look your best, oh gosh! Don’t worry girl, I got you! Ive listed the five top beauty hacks for those days when you wake up late and in a hurry but still have to look flawless.
- First things first, get an ice cube from your kitchen and run it all over your face. It will wake you and your pores up! Ice on the skin is great for when you want your face to feel really firm and tight and will make your makeup easier to apply. Supermodels Bella Hadid, Jasmine Tookes and Karlie Kloss swear by this trick.
- Step 2: Apply your favorite moisturizer and SPF. Make sure you apply SPF every single day, yes, even on those super busy days. Staying protected when you’re in and even when you’re out of the sun is crucial. One of the biggest causes for premature aging is sun damage. Staying in the sun too long without a proper SPF can cause discoloration and an uneven skin tone. We want to be mistaken for 30 when we’re 40, am I right ladies?
- When in a hurry choose one palette that has it all! Personally my go-to is the Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette, dust some ”Bae” over you lids and apply ”Sandalwood” and ”Henna” to your crease and you’re good to go! Huda has revealed on her YouTube channel that ”Sandalwood” and ”Henna” are her everyday eyeshadow staples! If it’s good enough for the Queen, it’s good enough for us. When it comes to selecting a highlight I would suggest ”Moon Dust”, you can put the glittery golden shade in your inner tear duct and on your cheeks and nose. The shadow ”Shy” makes for a great blush color and will have you looking more youthful and awake in a matter of minutes.
- Before applying your lip color of the day I would suggest you dry brush your lips using a toothbrush. When you dry brush your lips you’re basically giving your lips the royal treatment, a mini massage! Dry brushing increases blood flow which will make your lips look fuller and feel more smooth. When you’re done apply some lip balm and your lip product of the day, my favourite at the moment is the Colourpop Liquid Lipstick in ”Calypso”.
- Last but not least spray your face with some rosewater, you can find an inexpensive rosewater at any Clicks or Dis-chem. Rose water helps your skin in maintaining a good pH balance throughout the day. Good Luck!
Sara Jhazbhay, January 2018