Kim Kardashian’s Beauty Lessons
If there’s anyone I trust when it comes to hair, makeup and skincare secrets it’s Mrs. Kardashian West. Kim is the ultimate glam girl and she knows exactly what’s in and what’s out in the beauty industry. Even though she has the advantage of several makeup artists, dermatologists, facialists, and personal trainers she still uses some products that us common mortals can get our hands on. In this post I’ll walk you through some of Kim K’s best tips and tricks.
- Kimmy knows the importance of taking your makeup off, even on the nights when you’re not feeling it. To do this she makes use of the Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. She’s got ladies rushing to the drug store to find this hidden inexpensive gem.
- Speaking of inexpensive skincare products, Kim recently posted on her app that one of her favorite anti aging serums is The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion, this serum is only around R130. Unfortunately The Ordinary can only be found outside of S.A but don’t worry, Kim also said if you can’t find the Retinoid serum a drugstore option that she also loves is the Olay Regenerist Regenerating serum. You can find most Olay products at your local Dis-Chem.
- One of Kim’s good friends and also the founder of Anastasia Beverly Hills is the brow master, Anastasia Soare. Kim doesn’t trust anyone else with her brows and she loves Anastasia’s highlighters. ABH cosmetics is known for their eyeshadow palettes and highlighters. If you want glowy and healthy looking skin just like Kim make sure to pick up a ABH highlight palette from @kolorz_za, you won’t regret it!
- Beauty sleep is vital when you’re running a Kardashians empire. Kim sleeps on special silk pillow cases because her dermatologist insists that it keeps your skin looking more youthful and prevents premature aging.
- Kim is known for constantly changing up her hair, from platinum blonde to black, if you’re going to change it up like Kim it’s important to take care of your hair and make sure you’re not damaging it. Kim recently revealed that she uses the Olaplex Hair Perfector to strengthen her hair and also admitted to only washing her hair twice a week because she doesn’t want to dry out her scalp.
- Kim loves scrubs and she even likes to make her own using sugar from her pantry. Sugar scrubs are a great way of exfoliating your skin, you can easily make your own DIY lip and body scrub by mixing together coconut oil, sugar, coffee and some essential oils. Exfoliating is key when you want beautiful and radiant looking skin. Therefore instead of spending hundreds on expensive scrubs make your own, its easy, fast and super fun!
- I know that Kim loves to apply serums but another beauty favorite of hers are facial oils. Kim uses a facial oil over her moisturizer, this is the trick that gives her that Hollywood glow. Kimmy recently wrote a detailed post on her app about her skincare routine \”I always start with a hyaluronic acid, which releases moisture back into the skin, and then end my routine using a facial oil to seal all of the products into the skin.” Kim even talked about inexpensive facial oils you can get at your local drugstore \”Common facial oils are argan or jojoba, but there are so many that deliver great benefits, like preventing acne, repairing dryness, and reducing signs of aging such as wrinkles and puffiness.” So next time you’re at Dis-Chem don’t forget to ask for jojoba oil!
Sara Jhazbhay, January 2018